You will need:
- 1 Gulab jamun mix-MTR (preferably)
- Oil or ghee for frying
- For syrup:-
- 2Cups sugar
- 1Cup water
- Cardamom pods-4-5
- Vanilla essence (optional)
- Cashew powder
- In a vessel add sugar,water & cardamom pods & boil for abt 15min...keep it warm.
- Add one drop of Vanilla essence to the syrup. This adds a great flavor.
- Put the Gulab Jamun mix in a bowl & add water bit by bit and make into dough (keep it soft) .
- keep it covered for 5-10mins
- Divide the dough into small balls.
- In a low flame,fry the balls untill golden brown.
- Add those balls to the sugar syrup.
- Sprinkle Cashew powder on the top.
- Leave it overnight for best result.