This entry is dedicated to Cooking for kids - Potato Event hosted by Deepa initiated by Sharmi.
Preparation & Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Serves : 4 Servings
You will need:
- 2 cups chilled mashed potatoes
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mix together Mashed potatoes and beaten egg.
- Divide this into 8 equal portions. Use your hands to form 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Heat the oil with the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until almost smoking.
- Mix the flour with the salt and pepper in a pie plate.
- Coat the potato patties in the flour mixture.
- Add the potato cakes to the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook until they have formed a golden crust, 10 minutes. (Peek underneath using a spatula before turning.)
- Turn and cook the other side until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Season with additional salt and pepper and serve hot.
Note: Chill the mashed potatoes overnight for best results. Don't forget to season them with salt and pepper.
If you liked this dish, try it out today. These cheesy fried potato cakes are sure one of kids favourites. So what are you waiting for.................make it for lunch or dinner and do not forget to send me the comments. Hope you enjoyed reading it. Stay tuned n Stay Healthy.