Makeup is a way to celebrate features we love and want to draw attention. From an unusual shade of eyeliner and long, flirty eyelashes, to a brighter lipstick and a bit of sparkle across the cheekbones - make up is the grown-up equivalent of dressing-up.
Some are lucky to be born beautiful, while others can equip themselves with this vast treasure of beauty and makeup tips that i picked from here and there:
Natural beauty tips:
- Eat a proper, well-balanced diet. The trick is to read the labels carefully and eat healthy foods with minimal preservatives. Good nutrition is key to your outward appearance and longevity.
- Water plays a crucial role. For radiant skin, stay hydrated to keep your skin soft and supple. Moisturize your skin every time after taking a shower.
- During the winter the humidity is very low and as a result the skin may easily become dehydrated, so the best way to keep your skin soft and smooth during the winter months is to keep your whole body hydrated.
- Citrus fruits are, without a doubt, one of the healthiest foods. Consuming several citrus fruits a day prevents flu and colds during the winter months.
- Lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by reducing exposure to the sun's dangerous rays. When enjoying outdoor activities, apply a sunscreen with SPF of atleast 15 and re-applying when necessary.
- Stress is an unfortunate fact in today's fast-paced lifestyle and often reflects in your skin and eyes. Make it routine to relax and pamper yourself, daily if possible. This will give you time to slow down and plan the following day.
- If you have blemishes, don’t pick or squeeze them as this might cause infection or scarring. Cleanse the skin with a soft cotton pad, dipped in herbal infusion or ethereal oils. Touch your skin only if your hands are clean.
- If you wish to wear makeup, utilize only the best cosmetics brushes and beauty tools to enhance your finest features and cover flaws.
- Apply a tinted moisturizer or sheer foundation with a damp sponge. Either one will allow your natural skin tone to show through while covering minor imperfections.
- Creme or liquid blush blends more naturally than powder. Apply to the apple of your cheeks, outwards, into your hairline to prevent makeup lines.
Younger looking eyes:
- People look directly into your eyes. Enhance them and you will attract attention. This is looking good made easy.The first step is to reduce fine lines. So apply a little eye cream on the brow bone and under the eye.
- Next dab on a concealer that matches your skin tones.
- Then line the eye with a white pencil just beneath the lash line. This will give the impression of larger and brighter eyes. :-)
- Last step is to Apply mascara to separate your lashes and give them luster and shine.
- If you need to have smoky eyes, check out this cool video...it is sooo in detail. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrsb2eFVOF0&NR=1
- Some of us have less perfect lips than others. There are plenty of tricks of the trade to help make your lips more balanced and beautiful. Some of the most effective solutions:
- The best lip color fixative - A thin layer of Chapstick. The formula holds lip color like crazy as it heals and protects.
- For longer wear, blot lips after applying lipstick to set color and remove excess. Add a thin layer of loose or pressed powder, then apply color again.
- For evening special-effects, apply a sheer lip gloss in silver, gold or an iridescent shade over the lip color.
- Hair attracts people's attention. One of the best tips for healthy hair is to ensure your hair looks great by getting regular haircuts.
- When choosing a hair-style one should always consider whether or not the hair style will suit your face shape. Go for an expert advice on this.
- If you apply gel to your hair, rather than fill the palms of your hands with the product, use a small, dime-size portion. The same would be true with hairspray.
- Make sure your hair is washed with a quality shampoo and conditioner. Then when you dry your hair, bend over at the waist and blow your hair upside down.
- In addition to having a great cut, last tip for healthy hair is to keep up with regular trims. This makes a lot of difference.
Hope you found my beauty tips useful.